- 17.6oz-500g strong white bread flour (sifted)
- 0.2oz-7g fast action yeast
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 11.8 fl oz-350ml warm water
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- ½ teaspoon vegetable oil with small pinch of sesame seeds
- Dusting of strong white bread flour for kneading
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1.7oz-50g rice flour
- 0.1oz-3.5g fast action yeast
- 1 teaspoon golden caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon yeast extract
- ½ tablespoon melted butter
- 1.6fl oz-50ml warm water
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the flour, yeast, sugar, white pepper, cayenne pepper and salt. Set to one side
- Add the warm water and stir. Using an electric stand mixer with a dough hook attachment, set on a low speed and knead for 10 minutes
- Meanwhile, lightly grease a separate large mixing bowl with the oil and sesame seeds. Place the dough into the oiled mixing bowl. Cover with cling-film and leave for 1 hour in a warm place until it has doubled in size
- Remove the dough from the bowl and knead a couple more times on a floured surface to knock the air out of it (approx. 1 minute)
- Lightly grease a 2llb/ 24x15cm loaf tin and gently press the dough into it. Re-cover the tin with the cling-film and leave to double in size once more for a further hour.
- Pre-heat oven to 392˚f/200˚c regular oven or 356˚f /180˚c fan assisted oven. Make the bread topping by combining all the ingredients into a small mixing bowl. Brush the top of the dough generously with the topping.
- Pop into the oven for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and brush more topping on top and pop back into the oven for a final 10 minutes until golden and crusty
- Remove from the tin and allow to cool completely on a baking rack. Cut with a bread knife and serve.