- 15.8oz-450G lamb leg steaks (4)
- 2.1oz-60g black soft liquorice- finely diced
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 10.1fl oz-300ml lamb stock
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic puree
- 1 star-anise
- ½ teaspoon celery salt
- Place all of the ingredients (except the lamb steaks) into small saucepan and stir over a medium/low heat until combined and liquorice starts to melt a little. Remove from the heat and pop to one side to cool completely
- Add the lamb steaks to a mixing bowl and pour over the completely cooled marinade and make sure they are evenly coated. Cover with tin-foil and pop into the fridge overnight
- When ready to cook, pre-heat oven to 328˚F/220˚C regular oven or 392˚F /200˚C fan assisted oven. Place the lamb steaks (reserving the marinade) onto the roasting rack/pan and pop into the oven (no need to turn when cooking with a Vulcan Roaster) for 8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and baste with the remaining marinade and pop back into the oven for a final 8 minutes.
- Test with a meat thermometer for a reading of 165˚F/73˚C for a medium-well lamb. Serve with sides of your choice