- 10.5oz-300G Baking Margarine
- 10.5oz-300g Caster Sugar
- 4 Medium Eggs (Free-Range)
- 10.5oz-300g Gluten Free Self-raising Flour (Sifted)
- 1 Teaspoons Gluten Free Baking Powder
- 5oz-140g Desiccated Coconut
- 4 Kiwi Fruits (Skin off- Pulped into a paste using food processor)
Vanilla Lime Buttercream
- 4.9oz-140g Unsalted Butter (Room temp/soft)
- 13.2oz-375g Icing/Powdered Sugar (Sifted)
- 4 Tablespoons Semi-Skimmed Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Essence
- 1 Tablespoon Lime Juice
- 2 Limes (Zest Only)
Kiwi Lime Syrup
- 2 Kiwi Fruit Pulped (No skin)
- 2.6oz-75g Caster Sugar
- 2 Limes (Juice Only)
- Pre-heat oven to 375˚F/190˚C regular oven or 340˚F /170˚C fan assisted oven.
- Grease one 8" cake tin (deep) and set to one side.
- In a large mixing bowl start the cake by mixing together the margarine and sugar using an electric whisk/stand mix until light in colour and well combined.
- Add the pulped kiwi fruit and mix again. Set to one side.
- In a separate mixing bowl, sieve the gluten free baking powder and gluten free flour. Stir to combine
- Add one tablespoon of flour mix and one egg to the cake mix and combine well. Repeat this process until there are no eggs or flour mix left.
- Finally, add the desiccated coconut and stir through.
- Spoon into the pre-prepared tin and pop into the oven for 1 hour and 15minutes
- Meanwhile, while the cakes are baking, make the syrup. Combine all the ingredients in a small saucepan over a medium heat and continuously stir until the sugar has dissolved. Strain through a sieve into a measuring jug (this may take some time as it is thick). Set to one side.
- When time is up on the cake, check with a skewer in the centre, if it comes out clean it is ready. Pierce the cake with a skewer all over and pour the syrup all over. Don’t worry about the cake not looking pretty as it gets covered with buttercream. Allow to cool in the tin completely before removing
- Whilst the cake is cooling, make the vanilla and lime buttercream. In a large mixing bowl, add the soft butter and mix into a paste. Add the icing sugar and mix until well combined. Add the milk, lime juice and vanilla essence and combine thoroughly. Finally, add the lime zest and mix one last time
- Using the buttercream, cover the top of the cake so you can't see it and cover the sides lightly so it gives a barely covered sides effect.
- Sprinkle the top of the cake with lime zest. Serve and enjoy!!!!!