- 20 large raw king prawns (not from frozen)
- French baguette (chopped into 8 even chunks about 2-3 inches wide and tall)
- 3.7oz-100g unsalted butter (soft)
- 3 teaspoons of freshly crushed garlic (for bread)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 teaspoons fresh parsley (chopped- for bread)
- 4 skewers
- 1 bulb garlic (crushed)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- Bunch fresh parsley (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- ½ tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- To start, the prawns need to marinade overnight. In a small mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the prawn marinade and combine using a spoon. Add the prawns and give everything a good mix to ensure the prawns are all coated. Cover the bowl with cling-film and pop in the fridge overnight.
- If using wooden skewers- fully cover them with water and leave to soak for at least 30 minutes before moving onto the next step. Pre-heat oven to 428˚F/220˚C regular oven or 394˚F /200˚C fan assisted oven
- Prepare the garlic bread whilst the oven is heating. Mix the soft butter, garlic powder, crushed garlic and parsley to a small bowl and mix together using a spoon. Add the chunks of bread and give everything a good stir
- Remove the prawns from the fridge and set to one side next to the garlic bread. To assemble your first skewer, pierce the skewer through the middle of a chunk of garlic bread followed by 5 prawns until the sharp end is near the top. Follow by adding a final piece of garlic bread. Season the skewers with salt and pepper.
- Pop onto the roasting rack and continue to make the next 3 skewers, following the same process.
- Pop the skewers into the pre-heated oven for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve. Enjoy whilst hot