Introducing our new Environmentally-friendly Naked® Cookware & Bakeware Range
“Environmentally-Friendly” This is a term used to describe lots of products these days. But it seems to be open to a great deal of subjectivity to the point perhaps where, if a product is just slightly more efficient/less polluting/more sustainable than average, it is good for the environment.
Every product in our new to market Naked range of Bakeware and Cookware can claim:
– 100% Recyclable
– Contains no plastic polymer derivatives – PTFE, PFOA, PFAS or Silicone
– Has a more environmentally-conscious production process (no non-stick or ceramic coating to cure with additional furnacing and/or waste chemicals to burn-off)
– Are metal tool safe (hurray – you can recycle those blunt plastic utensils)
– For efficient use on all hobs/heat sources
– Comes with with a lifetime guarantee with instructions on how to develop and repair your own natural non-stick coating. Now that is sustainability for you!
We have already planted 500m2 of native woodland with the National Trust to do a bit of CO2 offsetting/woodland habitat rebuilding. We would love to plant more with some more global retail partners on board and are happy to forge partnerships with similar tree planting organisations in other countries depending on future orders.
If you would like to find out more about our beautiful range, please let me know and I can put you in touch with distributors in your areas where these exist, or provide quotes for alternative supply options in other areas. #sustainability #lifetimeguarantee #environmentallyfriendly #conservation #mindfulretail #corporatesocialresponsibility #ecolifestyle
Building our Bakeware & Cookware Family Heritage
After a 20 year progressive career, leading on Human Resources, within several global manufacturing and automotive businesses such as Johnson & Johnson, Pilkington NSG and Yazaki, my eldest daughter Sally Wilkinson-Kennedy has joined the family business. Wilkinson 1888 and the associated operations of Wilkinson China, already enjoy a 133 year old kitchenware heritage, first established by Sally’s Great, Great, Great Grandad.
Sally’s board level experience gives her a great grounding for understanding the key commercial drivers in organisations and her HR specialism provides a strong appreciation of relationships both within and between businesses. A valued attribute for our service-led business.
Sally’s induction into the bakeware and cookware industries began many years ago, as a child, often spending Saturday mornings in the largest bakeware factory in Europe. Work experience was carried out within the Finance function and inspired her to obtain a BSc. Economics before gaining a Post Graduate Diploma in People Leadership & Development and an ensuing career in Human Resources.
During both her maternity leaves in 2010 and 2012, Sally worked for the family business, flying out to China and the USA to support operational improvements and launch one of our inventions, The PushPan, on American shopping channels.
Sally joins the company at an exciting time! With the recent invention of The Vulcan Roaster new to market, a new patented highly commercial and customizable cake mould design and a patent-pending eco-friendly high performance cookware development. This is in addition to the expanding ranges that we supply to many global retailers and distributors as private label partners or with our own 10 year guaranteed heritage Wilkinson 1888 cookware and bakeware ranges.
360° VULCAN Cooking System
The original inspiration was to invent roasting pans that would promote 360° roasting – as close to “spit roasting” as possible and thereby sear, brown and crisp the underside of all joints of meat, especially turkey/chicken and in the process; seal in the flavours whilst cooking the meat more quickly.
Once the original idea was conceived and under development, it quickly became apparent that this invention could be extended well beyond the roasting of meat.
The invention can be applied to roasting vegetables, crisping oven fries/chips, baking pizzas and all other baked goods with a dough mixture, such as used for bread or any item that uses a pastry lining.
There is a further and separate application for barbecues.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Roasting and Baking heat travels upwards from the underside of the food being cooked. It works for all manner of foods – not just roasting.
- This is achieved across the whole base of the cooking utensil with the absolute minimum of interference.
- Roasting and Baking heat also circulates around the sides and from above to achieve the 360° cooking.
- The invention prevents any leakage or spillage from the base of the cooking utensil.
- Meats such as bacon, sausages and RIBS do not need “turning” during the cooking process as they are cooked, both from below and above at the same time.
- This is also true for vegetables and oven fries/chips – a square design with flat base and rack is already designed for this and artisan bread – even baking, all around.
- Fat and juices released from the meat during cooking, quickly drain away for healthier cooking/eating.
- Cooking pizza is a big improvement as extra topping can be sprinkled onto the pizza – without dropping through the ventilation holes. Any melted cheese dripping from the pizza is fully contained within the pan and does not dirty the oven.
- The design and assembly is relatively simple and therefore, easy to explain and understand.
an original idea from Ian Wilkinson
A great starter set and an excellent way to save space:
MORE is LESS
The Baking Brick ™ lays in the base of the oven – catches all oven spillage and requires no cupboard space – “invisible”.
Contains all essential items for the oven and fits ALL standard size ovens.